All employees go through pre-employment drug screen tests and background checks.
LIFEGUARD APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED
Seasonal position with the Central Klickitat County Park & Rec. District. Hourly salary rate varies by experience starting at $16.13 to $17.88/hour. 2023 Swim Season will be approximately March 17-September 16, 2023.
Applicants must be able to obtain American Red Cross Lifeguard certification and the district can provide that training. Applicants must be able to swim! The course pre-requisites include 300-yard swim (Crawl Stroke and Breast Stroke), tread water with hands out of the water for two minutes and swim 20 yards, retrieve a ten-pound dive brick and swim with the brick 20 yards. Practice swim times will be available starting in March.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to multi-task, work independently and have strong communication skills as well as complete and pass certifications as noted. Position(s) open until filled.
Application: CKCPRD Lifeguard Application
For more information: Lori Anderson, Pool Manager 509-250-0981 (direct), 509-773-0506 (pool)
To be eligible for employment as a lifeguard with the Central Klickitat County Parks & Recreation District (CKCPRD), you must be 15 years of age or older and must have current lifeguard certification through the American Red Cross or applicable similar certifying agency and have the ability to become certified through the American Red Cross within one month of being hired. ARC Lifeguard classes are offered at the Goldendale Swimming Pool.
COURSE & PREREQUISITES
A portion of the American Red Cross lifeguarding class will be completed online prior to the students and instructor practicing rescues in the water. You will receive the link to the online class once you have registered for the class.
Prerequisite Skills Test Required BEFORE attending certification classes:
- Schedule your Skills Test for completion on or before the Friday prior to Monday class session.
- 300 yard nonstop swim: 100 yard crawl/freestyle stroke, 100 yard breast stroke, 100 yards crawl/freestyle or breast stroke. Swim is not timed, but you cannot stop for any reason.
- Tread water for two minutes with your hands out of the water
- Swim 20 yards, surface dive to retrieve a ten pound dive brick off the bottom of the pool, swim holding the brick with both hands back 20 yards to the starting spot and exit the swim pool in under 1:40
INTERESTED IN CERTIFICATION AND LIFEGUARD JOB OPPORTUNITIES?
- Contact the Pool Manager, Lori Anderson
- By phone: (509) 773-0506
- Stop by the swimming pool during regular business hours
- Email: email@example.com