Swimming Pool Operations
All hours of operation are subject to change due to inclement weather, maintenance, or other circumstances. If in doubt, contact the Pool by calling 509-773-0506 for up-to-date daily information.
Click here to download the printable schedule: 2022 CKPRD Swim Schedule
401 N. King Street
PO BOX 640,
Goldendale, WA 98620
Lifeguard Opportunities & Training
All lifeguards with the Central Klickitat County Parks & Recreation District (CKCPRD) must have current lifeguard certification through the American Red Cross or applicable similar certifying agency and have the ability to become certified through the American Red Cross within one month of being hired. ARC Lifeguard classes are offered at the Goldendale Swimming Pool.
UPCOMING 2022 LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES
- JUNE 27-30 // Monday – Thursday from 5:30pm-8pm
- JULY 25-28 // Monday – Thursday from 5:30pm-8pm
COURSE & PREREQUISITES
A portion of the American Red Cross lifeguarding class will be completed online prior to the students and instructor practicing rescues in the water. You will receive the link to the online class once you have registered for the class.
Prerequisite Skills Test:
- 300 yard nonstop swim: 100 yard crawl/freestyle stroke, 100 yard breast stroke, 100 yards crawl/freestyle or breast stroke
- Tread water for two minutes with your hands out of the water; and swim 20 yards, retrieve a ten pound dive brick off the bottom of the pool, swim holding the brick with both hands back 20 yards to the starting spot and exit the swim pool
INTERESTED IN CERTIFICATION AND LIFEGUARD JOB OPPORTUNITIES?
- Contact the Pool Manager, Lori Anderson
- By phone: (509) 773-0506
- Stop by the swimming pool during regular business hours
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org