ENTRY & WAIVER FORM: 2023 Polar Plunge Entry Form
~ or ~ call the swimming pool at (509) 773-0506 or (509) 250-0981.
Check-in Time: 9:30am to 9:55 am
Participants Meeting: 9:55am
Plunge: 10am sharp!
SUGGESTED DONATION $15
Please make checks payable to: the Central Klickitat County Parks & Recreation District (CKCPRD)
Mail completed forms and entry fee: CKCPRD, PO BOX 640, Goldendale, WA 98620
Polar Plunge Rules & Regulations
The event will take place at the swimming area along the Columbia River at the Maryhill State Park. Check-in will be located in the picnic shelter near the swimming area, and there will be portable heaters in the shelter area.
- We will have hot coffee, hot chocolate and light refreshments available with donations accepted for the CKCPRD.
- Facilities: The restrooms will be open for changing clothes, but the water is off for the winter. Port a Potties are available. Warm showers are available in the camping area at Maryhill State Park (west of the swim beach and day use area).
- Suggested attire: It is going to be cold! Do not wear extra layers of clothing into the river, as they will weigh you down and possibly create safety hazards. Water shoes, or other shoes are highly suggested as there are slippery rocks and gravel as you enter the water.
- American Red Cross Lifeguards from the Goldendale Swimming pool will be present to assist with any emergencies that may arise.
- You do not have to go underwater; you can simply run into the river and run back out. Just have fun and be safe!
- All participants must read and sign the attachment consent and waiver form.
- Check-in at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the event; with a mandatory participant meeting at 9:55am.
- All minors must have parental consent.
- Minimum age: 8 years old; Children ages 8 to 14 must be accompanied into the water by a parent or designated guardian
- All participants must exit the water within 5 minutes from the start of the event