Lifeguard Opportunities & Training
All lifeguards with the Central Klickitat County Parks & Recreation District (CKCPRD) must have current lifeguard certification through the American Red Cross or applicable similar certifying agency and have the ability to become certified through the American Red Cross within one month of being hired. ARC Lifeguard classes are offered at the Goldendale Swimming Pool.
UPCOMING 2019 LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES*
- July 8 – 11 // Monday – Thursday from 5:30pm-8pm
- July 29 – August 1 // Monday – Thursday from 5:30pm-8pm
*Spring lifeguard classes will be scheduled if five or more candidates are registered.
COURSE & PREREQUISITES
A portion of the American Red Cross lifeguarding class will be completed online prior to the students and instructor practicing rescues in the water. You will receive the link to the online class once you have registered for the class.
Prerequisite Skills Test:
- 300 yard nonstop swim: 100 yard crawl/freestyle stroke, 100 yard breast stroke, 100 yards crawl/freestyle or breast stroke
- Tread water for two minutes with your hands out of the water; and swim 20 yards, retrieve a ten pound dive brick off the bottom of the pool, swim holding the brick with both hands back 20 yards to the starting spot and exit the swim pool
INTERESTED IN CERTIFICATION AND LIFEGUARD JOB OPPORTUNITIES?
- Contact the Pool Manager, Lori Anderson
- By phone: (509) 773-0506
- Stop by the swimming pool during regular business hours
- Email: email@example.com
Swimming Pool Operations
We are operating under our SPRING/FALL hours. Spring hours begin March 15th. All hours of operation are subject to change due to inclement weather, maintenance, or other circumstances. If in doubt, contact the Pool by calling 509-773-0506 for up-to-date daily information.
401 N. King Street
PO BOX 640,
Goldendale, WA 98620
Swimming Lesson Information:
2019 Swim Lesson Flyer (includes the schedule for the various sessions of lesson as well as Lifeguard classes).
The Goldendale Swimming Pool presents:
Stroke Clinics, Swimming Strokes of Course!
Are you training for a triathlon and need help with making your freestyle (crawl stroke) more efficient? Do you want to do flip turns instead of touching the wall and turning around?
Swim Team will start in July with basic conditioning and review of skills. More information will be posted soon!
New swimmers need to be able to swim the length of the pool unassisted. Swimmers need to be willing to work hard.
Private Pool Rental, Parties and More…Want to have a private pool party? Maybe a birthday party? Or use the party room during an open swim session so you have snacks etc in the room, while everyone joins the open swim session. Lots of options, check out our pool rental forms!