All employees go through pre-employment drug screen tests and background checks.
YOUTH SPORTS HELP WANTED
The CKCPRD is currently seeking a Youth Sports Coordinator for fall Youth Soccer and Youth Football programs. This seasonal part time position is currently for one individual. If availability or candidates are limited, the position can/will be divided to accommodate two positions (Youth Soccer Coordinator and Youth Football Coordinator) versus one. The successful candidate(s) will be able to multi-task, work independently and have strong communication skills. Position(s) open until filled.
Start date: May 2019
Starting salary: $15/hour
Full Job Description: Coordinator-Job-Description
Application: Coordinator Application
First Review of Applications: April 15, 2019
For more information: Lori Anderson, Pool Manager 509-773-0506
To be eligible for employment as a lifeguard with the Central Klickitat County Parks & Recreation District (CKCPRD), you must be 15 years of age or older and must have current lifeguard certification through the American Red Cross or applicable similar certifying agency and have the ability to become certified through the American Red Cross within one month of being hired. ARC Lifeguard classes are offered at the Goldendale Swimming Pool.
UPCOMING 2019 LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES
- July 8 – 11 // Monday – Thursday from 5:30pm-8pm
- July 29 – August 1 // Monday – Thursday from 5:30pm-8pm
COURSE & PREREQUISITES
A portion of the American Red Cross lifeguarding class will be completed online prior to the students and instructor practicing rescues in the water. You will receive the link to the online class once you have registered for the class.
Prerequisite Skills Test Required BEFORE attending certification classes:
- Schedule your Skills Test for completion on or before the Friday prior to Monday class session.
- 300 yard nonstop swim: 100 yard crawl/freestyle stroke, 100 yard breast stroke, 100 yards crawl/freestyle or breast stroke. Swim is not timed, but you cannot stop for any reason.
- Tread water for two minutes with your hands out of the water
- Swim 20 yards, surface dive to retrieve a ten pound dive brick off the bottom of the pool, swim holding the brick with both hands back 20 yards to the starting spot and exit the swim pool in under 1:40
INTERESTED IN CERTIFICATION AND LIFEGUARD JOB OPPORTUNITIES?
- Contact the Pool Manager, Lori Anderson
- By phone: (509) 773-0506
- Stop by the swimming pool during regular business hours
- Email: email@example.com